Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

2012.  Day One.
Morning yoga completed. Healthy breakfast consumed.  Year-to-date total spent on craft supplies: $0.00.

My friends don't believe I can do it, but in addition to my normal New Year's goals to exercise more and eat healthier, I have made a New Year's Resolution to spend zero dollars this year on craft supplies.  I'm going to get away from my hobby of shopping for craft supplies, and spend time enjoying and using what I have. I realize at some point I may need to break down and buy some white paper or double-stick tape, but for now, I vow to ignore the temptation of a 50% off coupon!

Here's a card I made with some new goodies I received as Christmas gifts...the Corner Chompers made by We R Memory Keepers, the Nestabilities Classic Scalloped Ovals, and a Studio G stamp.

I also used a Tim Holtz embossing folder, and paper from SU (Barely Banana), Papertrey Ink (Summer Sunrise) and DCWV (card base from Josephine set).  I stamped the sentiment a second time on colored card stock trimmed around it, and pasted it on top to "highlight" a word.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!  Now I need to get going on another resolution, which is to get to church on time! Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

  1. Very nice card Shari! The way the rounded corners in the middle of the design create the feel of an envelope flap is great. I applaud you for goal setting. Last fall I decided to concentrate on "creating cards" rather than "accumulating supplies". was easier than I thought! With all the great stuff out there it's easy for the shopping to become the hobby itself. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete