Saturday, July 6, 2013

ODBD July Challenge...Stitching!


The Our Daily Bread Design July challenge at the Operation Write Home this month is stitching! I like adding faux stitching with a gel pen, as shown in this birthday card made with the Birthday Bash cricut cartridge. I think it adds a nice touch to this cute little lady!

I used a zig zag stitch using my sewing machine for the cheery card below, made with the Nifty Fifties cricut cartridge and a variety of Cuttlebug embossing folders.



Finally, I made this last card using the Campin' Critters cartridge for a co-worker who was leaving our department.  When I was finished, I thought it needed "something" and I added just a few black zig zag stitches on my sewing machine to add some detail to the end of the banner.


And now for the punch line...


Be sure and link up your cards featuring stitching this month, as it means free shipping for OWH to send cards to our troops.

Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a great day!

Blessings,
Shari B

4 comments:

  1. These are amazing. The stitching really finishes the cards off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, three great cards! I love the images from Campin' Critter except for their eyes - they're kinda creepy - LOL. Anyway, glad you used googly eyes for the skunk. Totally love the sewing machine card. Great stitching on all! ~ Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards. I love the punch line!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is this type of interesting thing with this post of yours. I had been interested with all the topic along with the flow in the story. Keep up to date the truly amazing work.

    ReplyDelete