Sunday, May 27, 2012

Moxie Fab World - Gingham Challenge


Hello, all!  This card is a result of one of those "I wonder if I could....." moments.  In this case, I wondered if I could combine my new Charlie Chaplin stamp from Stampers Best with a scrap of gingham paper that has been lingering in my scrap pile.  I love both gingham and old movies, so I figured why not give it a whirl?



 I stamped Charlie on some kraft cardstock and backed that with white paper to mimic an old photo.  I used a bit of New Leaf and Green Boutique cardstock from Paper Trey Ink, a sentiment from Scrappy Moms, and my gingham scrap punched with my Martha Stewart button punch.  I embossed the black background with a striped Cuttlebug folder from Stampin' Up, (which kind of reminds be of the siding on a building.)  I inked some of the various edges with Tea Dye Distress Ink from Tim Holtz and added some twine to the button. Then I played with the layout for WAY TOO LONG before finally deciding to just go for it and stick everything in place. Hmmm...what do you think?  It MIGHT need a redo....will probably wake up in the middle of the night two weeks from now with an idea....but I'm going to go ahead and link this up to the Gingham Challenge over at Moxie Fab World!

Thanks for stopping by to take a look!

Blessings,
Shari B

1 comment: