Friday, March 23, 2012

God Bless the USA!

Happy Friday! Today I wanted to share some Any Hero cards I just finished for Operation Write Home. Feels good to FINISH some cards...I've had a lot of projects in the works lately!  My self-imposed challenge here was to take some cheesy holographic flag stickers and turn them into classy Any Hero cards.
I started with something really basic...a navy base, with a red embossed layer of stars. Then I added the Hampton Art ($1 bin) sentiment and my flag sticker.

 Looked pretty good, but I wanted to kick it up a notch. I found some red PaperTrey Ink ribbon, large silver star brads, sentiment stamps from Scrappy Moms and a simple Stampin' Up border punch. Here are the results:

My favorite is the God bless the USA card.  I think it turned out very classy!

My next goal is to make some Any Hero cards that are NOT red, white and blue! Guess I'll be scouring my craft room for some cheesy camouflage paper next!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a WONDERFUL weekend!
Shari B

No comments:

Post a Comment